Study in: Finland
The Finland Government scholarships are often offered for a duration of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies with a monthly allowance of EUR 1500 and research with either Finnish universities or public research institutes.
The Finland Government scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries, which includes:
Republic of Korea
Exams are to be taken at (country): Finland
The Finland Government Scholarship programme is made available to young researchers from all areas of academic fields. The scholarship can only be applied for Doctoral (PhD) levels. The Finnish Government Scholarship programme application form is not for a study/research placement but it is merely an application for funding.
Scholarship is hosted by the Finland Government and available to indigenous students.
To be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, the candidate:
- Must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – that means, you must be at least provisionally/previously accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student.
Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant:
• Must at least have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying
• Must have a letter of invitation from an academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should at thesame time explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
• Must have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
• Must intend to pursue post
• Master’s level studies as a visiting student, also participate in a research project or teach at a Finland university or public research institute in Finland; and serious attention will be given to doctoral studies
•Must not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
• Must be able to give proof and evidence of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
• Must be a national of one of the eligible countries as listed above
Number of Awardees are not specified
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship includes:
A monthly allowance of EUR 1500 which is sufficient for one individual only.
Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are advised to make prior-arrangements for sufficient insurance covering their stay in Finland during the duration of the scholarship.
Duration of Scholarship: The Finnish Government Scholarship programme can be applied for a study/research duration of 3-9 months, which 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant to spend.
How to Apply: Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship.
Application Deadline: Application is still on going till 15th February, 2020.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions expressed are solely the rights of the user and not a representation for TechSledge. Report