Canada Government funded Phd Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) 2019
Deadline: November 6, 2019
: Canada Universities
: Canadian Citizens and International Students
: Engineering Sciences, Health
Canada Government funded Phd Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) 2019 is available and open for Canadian Citizens and International Students. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Engineering Sciences, Health taught at Canada Universities . The deadline of the scholarhip is November 6, 2019
Degree Level: PhD Oppurtunities under the scholarship scheme.
Available Subjects: Provides PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research.
Scholarship Benefits: Provides $50,000 per annum for a period of three years.
Elgible Nationalities: Canadian Citizens, permanent residents and international students(all Nationalities) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you:
• Must be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
• Must be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• Must intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• Must not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020
• Must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
• Must not have in your position or own a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications can be done through one of two ways. Either the student notifies the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their choice to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by acknowledging the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution will then forward recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 6 November 2019.
It is essential to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 06 Novemebr 2019
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions expressed are solely the rights of the user and not a representation for TechSledge. Report